If you see a girlfriend dating a guy that is no good, you can see it. It bothers you as you share with her why she needs to get out of that unhealthy relationship. If you see someone overeating and gaining weight, you can see that. If you see someone cursing another woman out.. you can see that too.. but what sin is being done quietly.. away from the church members, behind closed doors-- where nobody is looking? Masturbation or sexually pleasing yourself and pornography. Is it a sin? I mean, you aren't bothering anybody? Yes, sis. It is and the sin is a sin against your own body. Although people cannot see what you're doing behind closed doors-- just something isn't right about you. You are walking around with the spirit of lust burdening your heart. And although you don't think you are bothering anyone & nobody can see you-- God is always watching and so is satan. Satan is laughing at you as you once again, make your body your idol and turn your heart away from Christ. Exactly what he wants.
Today, I pray that you're set free & then laugh back at satan & show him that his tricks didn't WORK.
I may not get alot of amens for this, but I had to post what the Lord placed on my heart. You can be in church every Sunday and Wednesday, spending time with God daily but still getting pulled in to please yourself. Masturbation is nearly always the result of lustful thoughts, sexual stimulation, and/or pornographic images. It is these problems that need to be dealt with. If the sins of lust, immoral thoughts, and pornography are captured and overcome, masturbation will become a non-issue. Many people struggle with guilty feelings concerning masturbation, when in reality, the things that LED to the act are far more worthy of repentance.You're only ACTING out on what you saw. And eventually, what you are doing may not fulfill you-- so you may go and try to act out what you've seen with some random man (or women for you men reading this). Then, you're pregnant out of wedlock or now you have herpes for the rest of your life. Was it really worth it? If only we recognized the end of a thing at the beginning.
I went to a Beyonce concert-- and yes, I'm using her name because I believe that many Christians are very wrapped up in attending her concerts. I sat in the audience in 2005 and I felt dirty. I felt the spirit of lust on me. I had to leave the concert! It's a PERFECT example that we have to guard our hearts against what we are watching. It's for your GOOD. The dancing, the pumping, the music-- is all planting seeds in your heart. And if it bothers you that I used this example, ask God to show you why it bothered you. Are you defensive because you don't want to let go of secular music? If you're struggling with sex outside of marriage or making ungodly decisions, it has alot to do with what you're planting in your heart. If you aren't submitting to your husband, then listening to these R & B artists sure won't help you with that.
Ok, back to the topic--
So how do you get free from it?
1. You recognize that it is a sin and repent of it. Repenting means to TURN to a different direction. So when you turn from it, you delete any videos, throw out anything that causes temptation and refuse to go to places that cause you to stumble.
2. Guard your heart against the open doors. For example, if you're watching a certain show that has sexual scenes or listening to music that talks about sex, lust or sexual acts then, shut it down. Stop going to the different blog sites that talk about "sex tapes" or "see so & so celebrity naked." Don't you know that those things are PLANTING seeds in your HEART? You're creating pornographic images in your mind and those images are producing masturbation.
3. Recognize that even though you're celibate from having sex with a guy, God views masturbation the same way. God views it as sexual sin and we should as well. We should desire to live HOLY as GOD is holy. So, look at it like this: You're having sex with yourself and the Holy Spirit lives on the inside of you. Does He feel welcome there?
4. Stop hanging out with people that talk about sex. Look at your heart as a ground and you must make sure that whoever you're spending your time with-- is guarding their heart as well.
5. Spend time with God daily. This walk with the Lord is a daily journey. The less time you spend with God, the more likely you will be open to masturbation & pornography. After you read your bible, you'll be sensitive to God's spirit and you won't want to sin. After you read a gossiping blog, you'll be hardened to it and won't mind because "it's not hurting anybody?" Actually, it is hurting someone, that someone is YOU. How can God breathe His glory into your heart if you're too busy idolizing yourself?
6. Recognize that marriage itself won't cure the lust that you have and the desire that you have to watch sexual movies and masturbate. Don't you know that you will compare them to what you see on the videos and will expect them to perform some "porno" show? As if GOD needs a porno to HELP your marriage sexually? HE is GOD. He created SEX to add to your marriage and if you have to use ungodly means to add to your marriage-life, then you're pushing the Holy Spirit out & inviting other spirits in.
7. If you and your spouse are living apart due to work or because one person is in the military, it isn't the time to introduce porn or masturbation to "hold each other over." Do you not have the Holy Spirit inside of you that has given you a gift of self-control? If you take your attention off of your flesh for 4 seconds, it would give God a chance to pour His spirit onto you & make you content during that season! STOP running to ungodly things for freedom when true and lasting freedom is found in Christ alone!
8. And why do you and your husband need to get aroused by watching porn? If your husband cannot arouse you by being HIM, ask GOD to help you to be sexually attracted to him. STOP using the world's tactics in your bedroom.
9. If anyone wants a porn blocker, x3watch.org is great option. For those who don't have self-control and need something to literally BLOCK their computer. It will be your accountability buddy if you don't have one.
10. Again, turn off Usher, Trey Songs, Beyonce & whoever else is dropping sexual seeds in your heart.
I'm not here to beat you down or tell you that you're so horrible, I'm telling you to REPENT. God desires to use you and you must learn to be patient and trust His timing. So, the next time you have a desire to please yourself, STOP letting your FLESH rule your HEART. Fight BACK.
Just a few things:
1. If you live in Atlanta, I want to invite you to our church. Join us on Sundays at 11:00am at Landmark Art Cinemas. Our churches name is: "The Gathering Oasis" (there's another church that holds service there too). 931 Monroe Drive NE Atlanta, GA- in Theatre 6.
2. My book is selling like crazy! I'm so thankful for all of you that have supported! Check it out here: My New Book! Pink Lips & Empty Hearts: www.PinkLipsAndEmptyHearts.com
3. Register for the 2014 Pinky Promise in Atlanta, GA! It sold out last year, so you don't want to miss out! www.pinkypromiseconference.com
4. As always, you can join a Pinky Promise group locally! There's about 13,000 ladies that have joined! Find a group near you by joining & checking out the intro page! Join here: www.PinkyPromiseMovement.com
5. To purchase bracelets, cross rings, my book, tote bags, fabulous shirts, purity rings & all that other good stuff-- go here: www.heatherlove.bigcartel.com . JUST for visiting this blog, I'll give you 10% off! Use the code: JESUS
6. I will be in Baltimore next week for a Singles Conference. I would love to meet you! I also added a few more states to the calendar today! :) My calendar is here: www.heatherllindsey.com
God loves you like crazy,
(A family photo taken last week! Logan is 4 months now!)